[GNC] Account structure for tracking trip expenses

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 00:01:37 EST 2022

This question has a long history (the earliest I've seen is from 2001, https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2001-October/002612.html). If you Google "cost center site:lists.gnucash.org/pipermail", you can find a number of these.

Interestingly, that early thread neatly (if tersely) summarizes your options: create separate accounts for each center (with the acknowledged overhead that this approach entails), or use the Action field to insert codes that can be used to create necessary reports.

⁣David T. ​