[GNC] [GNC-dev] calculate deposit before withdrawal

Ed ed.nojunkmail at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 16:04:57 EST 2022

   Thanks, David - yes, the duplicate-and-delete works well and takes only
   a few seconds.
   FWIW, I have used Microsoft Money and then Quicken for about the past
   30 years, and I believe this was never a problem for those programs
   (for sure it wasn't with Quicken) - even if transactions were entered
   several days apart, any that had the same date were always presented in
   the register with the withdrawals first and deposits following.
   Also, I should mention that I think the problem I'm experiencing has to
   do mostly (maybe exclusively) with scheduled transactions.  So if I
   schedule a transaction and the template first moves funds from Savings
   to Checking, and then below that has an entry (in the same template)
   moving the funds from Checking to a specific bill payment, and that
   template is to be processed in GnuCash, say 14 days prior to the
   specified date. When it does so, it includes the bill payment on one
   line, and then the Savings-to-Checking txn on the next line - this
   makes it look as though the Checking account goes red (though it goes
   black again on the same day).  I believe that I experimented with
   re-ordering the two txns in the schedule template, but with no effect.
   ED