[GNC] getting price quotes

aeg aeg21212-forum at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 11:07:16 EST 2022

 Hi Martin,
Thank you for your very helpful response.
I can confirm that I have a free Alpha Vantage API key setup in Preferences, which I assume is valid because when I tried to obtain a new one, (just in case that was the problem), Alpha Vantage confirmed that I already have one.
I'm using OS Windows 10 and GnuCash version 3.5.I haven't been aware of a Finance::Quote version, and didn't know where to look for it, but I've just discovered that it's 1.47 and presumably the problem, as you've indicated. Is that something I can update separately, or will I have to update to the current GC version?
The online quotes have previously been set to retrieve from Alphavantage, US, which worked without any hitches until early November (my last successful download was 4 November), so I guess that's around the time the rules changed. I've tried changing to Yahoo as JSON, but without success.
Regards,Alan