[GNC] Reconciling subaccounts

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Oct 1 22:49:56 EDT 2022

What account *exactly* are you selecting that is a placeholder?

It sounds like you're trying to reconcile a very top-level account and
then including sub-accounts.

If so, I don't think that is how the feature was intended to work.
(though maybe it *could* regardless, I honestly never thought to try
that approach)

If not, then perhaps you found a bug.

Can you provide a screenshot or typed version of the part of the account
tree in question?

That is, what is the 'placeholder' account you are referring to? (where
does it lie in the tree, Assets, Liabilities, Expenses, Income, Equity?
Then what is the next level? and the next level if any? et cetera...)

Then, what are the sub-accounts? And importantly, can you verify that
those sub-accounts are all of the same *type* as their parent? (you can
see the type in the bottom left of the window that displays when you
highlight an account in the Accounts tab and click the 'Edit' button or
right-click the account and choose 'edit')

Regards,
Adrien