[GNC] Reconciliation Report -> Trade Debtors -> pairing transactions

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Oct 1 22:55:49 EDT 2022

Glad to have pointed you in the right direction.

And in that case of 'breadcrumbs' the entirety of GnuCash is an audit
trail, as that is how double-entry accounting works.

If you are looking for some record of exactly who entered which
transactions and the date/time stamps, no, that is not available.
Technically I think the posting date/time does get recorded, but it is
not readily available to users. If you really need it, perhaps start a
thread just on that question.

Certainly the 'who' will be impossible, because GnuCash is not a
multi-user application. Whomever has access to run the app, and access
to the file, can post or edit transactions.

*note, on the point of timestamps, I don't think *edits* get a stamp, so
only the original entry is dated, which is likely of little 'audit'
utility. Perhaps, if you save all log files, you might be able to
reconstruct timings of when edits were made, but of course, those logs
themselves are editable, so certainly not useful in a real audit.

Regards,
Adrien