[GNC] Import CSV transactions into GC

Carl S. SE at SHCH262.com
Wed Oct 5 21:01:28 EDT 2022

Discover Card (a credit card) as of last week stopped providing the
download of Discover card transactions in QDF....much to my displeasure.

They do provide a download of transactions in CSV format.

I'm trying to figure out how to do a reliable importation of my credit
card transactions into GC in my Discover Card acct in GC.  This all
assumes I'll have to work with the downloaded CSV files now.

For experimentation reasons I'm working on importing in csv format the
transactions for the entire month of September just to see how the
actual process is done.  Previously, I had already imported the Discover
card transactions in QDF for September (before Discover Card ended the
QDF download).  Next I'm importing the CSV transactions to see how they
are recognized and matched by GC.

I've been somewhat successful in using  the
File----Import-----Transactions from CSV and getting to the Match
Transactions screen which presents the transactions to be imported.  I
understand what the Reconcile (auto match) transactions are but many of
the transactions when imported to the account end up as duplicates since
previously they had been added in QDF.

So, I'm confused and want to make the importation process as easy as
possible.  The A  U+C  C options make matters worse....for me.

Also, I've tried, or rather, have attempted to get working, various
csv2ODF converters.  For me too many error messages was enough to stay
away from them.

Any help is much appreciated...

Car Smith