[GNC] CoGS on Income Statement

Jared Squires uflnuceng at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 21:35:01 EDT 2022

I'm trying to find a way to implement the Cost of Goods Sold in the Income
Statement.  Right now I have it as it's own Expense Top Level Account but
it messes up my Income Statement for my actual Gross Profit.  I tried to
make CoGS as an "Income" but then when I enter bills from vendors, I can't
label the line item on the bill.  My current tree structure is like this:

Assets
-> Current Assets
->->General Checking
->Furniture and Equipment
->A/R
Income
->Fees and Revenue
CoGS
->Government Fees
->Search Fees
Expenses
Liabilities
Equity

I did a bunch of searches but didn't see anything since about 2015, and
nothing discussing how to get it to appear correctly on the Income
Statement.

Sincerely,
Jared Squires