[GNC] Mac Installation 4.12 issue

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) hylton at conacher.co.za
Sat Oct 8 12:40:39 EDT 2022

Hi,

I recently downloaded the .dmg file for my OS.

I read the README and several other of the texts and not seeing any
reference installation on a Mac I double clicked on the GnuCash icon.

This verified the package and opened it where I was able to create a new
set of accounts.
I was puzzled as I had not seen anything about dragging and dropping the
executable into the Applications folder.

I carried on and made the Mac remember the icon in the task bar.

Each time I execute the app it verifies the package, asks me if I am
sure I want to open it as it was downloaded from a website. I confirm
and the accounts I created and saved are opened, thank goodness.

I did some Google work and found the GnuCash app does not open a window
showing a Mac user to drag the app into the Applications folder.

I ran the .dmg again and dragged the GnuCash icon to a Finder window
open on Applications.

My problem was solved.

Please add something into the README contents about installing on a Mac.

Thanks and good gnucashing

Hylton