[GNC] Sub-Accounting (Was: Problem with missing balance in a parent account **FINAL POST**)

Stephen M. Butler Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:49:35 EDT 2022

Similarly, my Living Revocable Trust is a single savings account at the
credit Union.  In GnC it is a placeholder account with the following
sub-accounts:
     Sinking Fund
     Emergency Fund
     General Fund

Likewise, the non-trust account is a checking account that has two
sub-accounts:
     HamFlags
     Personal

Keeping the "business" out of my personal activity just makes it easier
to track.

I reconcile the two top accounts (separately) then check the "Include
sub-accounts" so it is easy to check off all the items shown on the bank
site.

Now, I am comfortable right clicking on the placeholder account and
picking reconcile.  But I understand that some may want the button
active in this situation.

--Steve

Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com