[GNC] transaction images and failed hard drives

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Oct 14 13:14:51 EDT 2022

> On Oct 13, 2022, at 11:24 PM, Jeff <beastmaster126 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there any way, even the slightest, to attach a transaction image to a daemon instead of a specific file? That way I could use a database system in the background to hold images instead of the file system.  That way images would still be available to GNC and searchable for me (never know when a rebate might show up {grin}).

There's https://github.com/MigNov/Fuse-db that uses mysql-connector (should also work with mariadb's connector) to create a filesystem interface. There's also a perl module, https://metacpan.org/pod/Fuse::DBI,  that (like GnuCash) uses libdbi so it's a bit more general; the problem is that it's only mountable from inside perl so it won't work directly with GnuCash.

Alternatively the link field takes URIs as well as directory paths and IIRC it can load http: or https: URIs. If you can run a local web server to serve the URIs you can use PHP to query a supported database for the desired image.

Regards,
John Ralls