[GNC] Slow migration

Trevor Richards trlah at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 15 06:15:10 EDT 2022

I've been using MSmoney for my personal financial management for about 20 years. When it went 'sunset' I started looking around and found GNUcash. I signed up & I've been following you all here ever since. I made some tentative attempts to convert over but it has always been a disaster. I have personal bank accounts and investments with about multiple banks & institutions around the world (NZ, UK, Jersey, Malaysia, Australia, Singapore). I think you can imagine what my MSmoney records look like. It does not seem feasible to me to attempt a full on file transfer. I've tried a few times in the past but I just create a mess that I have no time to solve.
I was wondering if there was a better strategy for a 'slow' migration. Any thoughts on this?

Kind regards,
Trevor