[GNC] Price database

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 21:35:08 EDT 2022

Hi Elmar

To elaborate on John's reply, this SQL statement should do the trick:

select c.namespace, c.mnemonic, c.fullname, p.date,
  p.value_num as 'Price Numerator', p.value_denom as 'Price Denominator',
  p.value_num * 1.0 / p.value_denom  as 'Price Decimal'
from prices as p
join commodities as c on p.commodity_guid = c.guid

(1) Download the free "DB Browser for SQLIte" software from
     https://sqlitebrowser.org/
(2) Save your GnuCash data file in "sqlite3" format
(3) Open your GnuCash database file with DB Browser
(4) Click on the "Execute SQL" tab
(5) Paste in the above SQL statement
(6) Check the results
(7) Click on the "Export" button to save as a CSV file
(8) Open this CSV file in the spreadsheet of your choice.

I have attached a screenshot of an example on Windows 10, but DB Browser
is also available for MAC & LINUX.

Good luck!

Regards

Geoff