[GNC] Help please. Upgraded from 2.3.4 to 4.12. Worked fine. But database does not load. Win 11.

Rosepetals pogichinoy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:11:50 EDT 2022

Hi all,

I’m running Windows 11.

I was running Gnucash 2.3.4 for years and finally decided to upgrade to the
latest stable release of 4.12 so I can export to a spreadsheet.

The setup needed to uninstall 2.3.4 which went fine and then 4.12 finished
installing.

I opened Gnucash 4.12 and opened my Gnucash database. It notified me I
needed to upgrade the database to the new version which worked fine and I
was able to access all my data. I made a few entries and closed Gnucash
without any issues.

Later I opened Gnucash again but this time it didn’t auto open the database
and I'm left with a blank screen. I proceed to locate and open the database
but after waiting for it to load, nothing appears. I try to load it
manually in other ways but eventually Gnucash crashes.

If it helps, the database is 30MB in size.

Please help. I have 13 years of data here.

Thanks for looking!