[GNC] Help please. Upgraded from 2.3.4 to 4.12. Worked fine. But database does not load. Win 11.

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Oct 20 04:00:21 EDT 2022

Just an observation, from the depths of history...

IIRC, 2.3.x I think was a development series; unstable and for bug testing and
so on, and for "expert" users only  (ie not me)

it feels to me that having that running on win11 is unlikely, I'm not even
sure that 2.3 release were for windows - if they were available then they
would have been some of the very first releases of GC on winXP.

I am pretty sure that if 2.3.4 was installed by the OP, then the GC database
would be in XML not SQL and so the usually auto-created backup files should
have been made and might be lurking in a corner of a hard disk?

HTH,
Maf.