[GNC] Entires in 'Receive' and 'Spend' in my cash account are inversed...how to correct?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 21:58:43 EDT 2022

Claire,

No, you cannot change the sign of a group of existing transactions.  You
must enter minus signs one at a time, but it goes reasonably fast once you
figure out your finger placement and develop a rhythm (really,I have to do
it every month for one credit card account that always imports backward).
I start by setting the view to Transaction Journal so I can monitor my
progress more easily.

On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 5:56 PM David Cousens <davidcousens49 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Claire,
>
> You might want to check the Preference Settings (Menu_>Edit->Preferences)
> in the
> Account tab. I think the default is only to have reverse balances selected
> on
> credit card accounts. It is meant to deal with situations where banks
> (which
> normally provide data and statements from their internal accounting
> perspective)
> supply data from customers accounting perspective.
>
> David Cousens
>
> On Sun, 2022-10-30 at 22:12 +0000, Claire Light via gnucash-user wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was opening a few new credit card and personal accounts yesterday, for
> which
> > there was no issue but my cash account is now reversed for a lack of a
> better
> > word. I have no idea what happened.
> >
> > Is there any way that I can change the name of the columns in my cash
> account,
> > since they are now reversed? Replace 'receive' with 'spend' and vice
> versa?
> > ...or can I copy and paste the 'receive' entries into the 'spend' column.
> > There are few actual 'receive' entries that I could copy and paste
> manually.
> >
> > Thank you for your attention..any assistance would be appreciated.
> > Claire Light
> >
> > Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.

David Carlson