[GNC] Problems upgrading to 4.8a

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Sep 6 14:12:27 EDT 2022

> On Sep 6, 2022, at 8:54 AM, Phil Wolff via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
>  A critical problem remains: scheduled transactions are not being
>   entered as they come due. The Scheduled Transaction Editor page
>   contains all of the expected entries, and none of the "Next Occur"
>   dates are older than the day that the version update took place. And
>   it's not just a problem with entries that were there prior to the
>   update; yesterday I created a new entry scheduled for today, and the
>   transaction did not get created.
>
>   What else can I look at to diagnose this problem?

First, run Actions>Scheduled Transactions>Since Last Run. If that runs your scheduled transactions then they're fine and you probably need only enable running Since Last Run when the data file is opened at the top of the Scheduled Transactions page in Preferences. If the SLR doesn't work then look in the trace file (see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Trace_File) for errors.

Regards,
John Ralls