[GNC] Problems upgrading to 4.8a

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Sep 9 12:17:08 EDT 2022

Weird, my answer got stripped from the mail as it returned from the mailing list... I'll send
again below for reference.

Geert

Op vrijdag 9 september 2022 17:23:36 CEST schreef Phil Wolff:
> Schema files should be compiled at install time before gnucash can use them.
> That's more or less the answer to your question whether they should be
> created at install time. Perhaps this went wrong for some reason.
>

> Can you run the following command to test this?
>
> strings /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled | grep
> org.gnucash.general
>

> Just post the output here.
>

> dellbert at dellbert:/usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas$ strings
> /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled | grep org.gnucash.general
> ((iiii))org.gnucash.general.report
> /org/gnucash/general/report/
> org.gnucash.general.report.pdf-export
> org.gnucash.general
> org.gnucash.general.report
> org.gnucash.general.register
> /org/gnucash/general/
> (i)org.gnucash.general.finance-quote
> /org/gnucash/general/finance-quote/
> org.gnucash.general.register
> /org/gnucash/general/register/
> (s(yau))org.gnucash.general.report.pdf-export
> (s).path/org/gnucash/general/report/pdf-export/
> general/org.gnucash.general
> dellbert at dellbert:/usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas$

The output is slightly different from mine, but that's not abnormal.

Another test would be to run
gsettings list-schemas | grep org.gnucash.general

gsettings is the interface gnucash uses to access the preferences, so contrary to dconf-editor
this should use the same code internally as gnucash.

Does this command return the org.gnucash.general schema (together with a few others) ?

Lastly to verify if compilation was completely successful you can also run

sudo glib-compile-schemas --strict /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas

And check the result for errors. If compilation didn't result in any errors you could recheck if
gnucash now works without the GSettings warnings in gnucash.trace.

Regards,

Geert