[GNC] Problems upgrading to 4.8a

Phil Wolff adiabat at centurylink.net
Fri Sep 9 16:19:08 EDT 2022

   On 9/9/22 09:17, Geert Janssens wrote:

   Weird, my answer got stripped from the mail as it returned from the
   mailing list... I'll send again below for reference.

   Geert

   Op vrijdag 9 september 2022 17:23:36 CEST schreef Phil Wolff:

   > Schema files should be compiled at install time before gnucash can
   use them.

   > That's more or less the answer to your question whether they should
   be

   > created at install time. Perhaps this went wrong for some reason.

   > Can you run the following command to test this?

   > strings /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled | grep

   > org.gnucash.general

   > Just post the output here.

   > [1]dellbert at dellbert:/usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas$ strings

   > /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled | grep
   org.gnucash.general

   > ((iiii))org.gnucash.general.report

   > /org/gnucash/general/report/

   > org.gnucash.general.report.pdf-export

   > org.gnucash.general

   > org.gnucash.general.report

   > org.gnucash.general.register

   > /org/gnucash/general/

   > (i)org.gnucash.general.finance-quote

   > /org/gnucash/general/finance-quote/

   > org.gnucash.general.register

   > /org/gnucash/general/register/

   > (s(yau))org.gnucash.general.report.pdf-export

   > (s).path/org/gnucash/general/report/pdf-export/

   > general/org.gnucash.general

   > [2]dellbert at dellbert:/usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas$

   The output is slightly different from mine, but that's not abnormal.

   Another test would be to run

   gsettings list-schemas | grep org.gnucash.general

   gsettings is the interface gnucash uses to access the preferences, so
   contrary to dconf-editor this should use the same code internally as
   gnucash.

   dellbert at dellbert:~$ gsettings get org.gnucash.GnuCash.general.register
   double-line-mode
   true
   dellbert at dellbert:~$
   But when I run gnucash all of my registers are single-line.

     Does this command return the org.gnucash.general schema (together
     with a few others) ?

     Lastly to verify if compilation was completely successful you can
     also run

     sudo glib-compile-schemas --strict /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas

     And check the result for errors. If compilation didn't result in any
     errors you could recheck if gnucash now works without the GSettings
     warnings in gnucash.trace.

     Regards,

     Geert

   --
   What was that about a rising tide lifting all boats? What if you don't
   have a boat?