[GNC] Color of register placeholder text and hiding register header

chandler chandler at lavabit.com
Sun Sep 11 03:41:57 EDT 2022

Hey all, I'm using Gnucash 4.11 on Linux and trying to get the coloring of the register to my liking.  I'm using ~/.config/gnucash/gtk-3.0.css for the settings.

I haven't yet figured out how to change the color of the placeholder text that shows up when the cursor is not in that textbox.  That is the gray-colored italic "Num" "Description" "Notes" indicated by the red arrow in the attached Screenshot.

I tried using the GTK+ Inspector to try and find this value, but I can't seem to find any of the entries in gtk-3.0.css in the GTK Inspector, any idea how to properly use it?

Also I would like to disable/hide the top header in the register (outlined by the blue border in the Screenshot), is there anyway to do that?

Thanks in advance!