[GNC] new to Gnucash - help with general information

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sun Sep 11 09:59:24 EDT 2022

>    5.  Geoff is also correct here that gnucash saves backup so you don't lose data, but backuping up to another media is always a good idea.

And asking this question "how do I back-up my gnucash data?" implies a
more serious misunderstanding about using your computer. It isn't just
just gnucash data that needs to be backed up but ALL your user data. And
if you have adopted a plan to back up ALL your user data, gnucash data
would be included in that, so no need to have a back-up plan specific to
gnucash.

It is not a matter of IF your hard drive or entire computer will fail
but WHEN that will happen. And even if a failure hasn't happened yet,
sooner or later you will be replacing your computer with a newer one.

Michael D Novack