[GNC] Issue Opening GnuCash in versions above 4.9 on Windows 11

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 16:20:35 EDT 2022

Also, in your thread started last May you mentioned an adventure with
release 4.0 and 4.10, after which you may not have had a clean uninstall.
Have you tried using either the Windows uninstaller or a third party
uninstaller?  I wish I could remember the name of the third party
uninstaller that used to work very well, at least several years ago.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 3:03 PM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Richard (Clarkson),
>
> You mentioned in the other thread that you also tried from PowerShell.
>
> Is there no output there when it fails to completely open?
>
> Have you tried to view the Windows Logs to see if any warnings or errors
> were reported about the time you tried to start GnuCash?
>
> Of course, if you can get a Trace File (see the wiki) and/or stack trace
> that might help too.
>
> And to confirm - you downloaded GnuCash *from* the links on gnucash.org,
> and not somewhere else? (which take you to the GnuCash SourceForge
> project page)
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

> delete the previous version and have also tried deleting the previous
> version myself.

David Carlson