[GNC] Date error running report from gnucash-cli, report runs fine in GUI

William Starrs wjstarrsiii at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 15:27:16 EDT 2022

Hello,

I would like to script a report that will show me all transactions on
credit cards since their last closing date.  I'll maintain closing dates
outside of Gnucash.  I have the report set to show me all transactions
since the start of the previous quarter (so it is rolling) through today.
I would then filter out transactions prior to the closing date in
post-processing.

The report runs fine in the GUI, but when I try to run from gnucash-cli I
get the following error:

    ERROR <gnc.engine.sx> Bad End Date: Invalid or before Start Date

The -R show command shows options regarding the dates that ought to work:

General / Start Date: relative . start-prev-quarter
General / End Date: relative . today

So I can't think of a situation where the start of previous quarter would
be missing or before today.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill