[GNC] Created transactions post after review

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Sep 25 17:12:48 EDT 2022

I haven't looked at the Help in some time, I thought this was
documented, but it may still be on someone's to-do list.

Preferences > Scheduled Transactions > Since Last Run > Review created
transactions

that will set a new 'default' for you.

In the Since Last Run dialog itself, if there were transactions created,
there is a box for the same preference at the bottom. If you've set the
above in Preferences, then it should be automatically checked for you.
(if not, it will be blank)

When that box is checked and you click the OK button, you'll then get a
register tab that shows all created transactions.

You can review & edit there. This way you don't have to hunt for them in
separate registers.

My book is set up that way.

Maybe someone else can expound on turning off 'Auto-Create' but leaving
'Review' on, as that might be closer to what you are looking for.

Once 'created' they are posted.

Of course, just play around with some test transactions or a test book
to find out. That's how many folks here determine their preferred
workflow. (that also functions as 'learning by doing' which is pretty
much a requirement learning accounting and accounting software.)

Regards,
Adrien