[GNC] Register sort order

Gyle McCollam gmccollam at live.com
Mon Sep 26 11:25:11 EDT 2022

I would like to control the order that items are displayed in the register.  I use the standard sort order as that has multiple sort criteria and the other options only show one.  However, the Standard Sort Order shows:

Keep normal order: date posted [day], number, date entered [second] [a] , description.

In the attached JPEG there are 4 transactions.  They are all posted as 09/26/2022 and appear to be sorted on the 2nd criteria "number".  However, when I change the 4th transaction, which currently starts with a 19 while all the others start with 09, to 0191774074, it still is listed 4th.  You would think 01 would be before 09, but it doesn't change the order. Originally, I thought it would be better to have a sort order that was based on Date, Debit/Credit, but I can manipulate the standard order exactly how I want it to display if it actually sorted as it says it does.  Am I missing something that is causing the "number" criteria to not sort correctly.  If I remove the number completely it moves it to the 1st position, but if I insert a blank in the first character it has no effect.