[GNC] Reconciliation Report -> Trade Debtors -> pairing transactions

Uttam Chakravorty uttam at invictalinux.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 13:48:44 EDT 2022

Dear All,

I am using the Reconciliation Report configured as:

Accounts = Trade Debtors ->Currency / Display / Filter = defaults ->
General - current period selected ->

Sorting by Description then Date.

Is there a way to use this pool of information and pair a receipt with an Invoice as per the case when the transaction was entered?
Is there a breadcrumb trail?
Am I going about this the wrong way?

Background: we are a small business supporting small businesses.  We are sympathetic to some clients needing to pay us monthly.  However simple we try to be a few still manage to lose their way and then we have to go back and match receipts to invoices made difficult by the fact that the monthly sums are the same.  The good thing is if we hold their hand eventually they get organised and the problem goes away.  Sadly we have only managed to use this as an opportunity to move them to Gnucash on only one occasion so far.  We live in hope.

All comments will be gratefully received.  Many thanks and best wishes, Uttam