[GNC] Reconciliation Report -> Trade Debtors -> pairing transactions

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 14:35:27 EDT 2022

Would it help to have each client as an account? (to easily see the
balances)

Alternatively, I assume you already ask them to put the invoice number of
the receipts, but some do not do so... perhaps when you issue bills, it can
have a matching part that they return... this would help you pair invoices
with receipts.

It would be a lot of accounts, but you could set up invoices as
sub-categories for each business.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 12:50 PM Uttam Chakravorty <uttam at invictalinux.co.uk>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am using the Reconciliation Report configured as:
>

> Accounts = Trade Debtors ->Currency / Display / Filter = defaults ->
> General - current period selected ->
>
> Sorting by Description then Date.
>

> Is there a way to use this pool of information and pair a receipt with an
> Invoice as per the case when the transaction was entered?
> Is there a breadcrumb trail?
> Am I going about this the wrong way?
>

> Background: we are a small business supporting small businesses.  We are
> sympathetic to some clients needing to pay us monthly.  However simple we
> try to be a few still manage to lose their way and then we have to go back
> and match receipts to invoices made difficult by the fact that the monthly
> sums are the same.  The good thing is if we hold their hand eventually they
> get organised and the problem goes away.  Sadly we have only managed to use
> this as an opportunity to move them to Gnucash on only one occasion so
> far.  We live in hope.
>

> --
Richard Losey
rlosey at gmail.com