[GNC] Security timezone

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 08:03:31 EDT 2023

When I reconcile my brokerage account statements with my GnuCash books, I reconcile actual transactions and ensure that commodity balances are correct. As long as those are accurate, the valuation at any given time is essentially arbitrary; it only becomes important at the time of sale.

A valuation at any given point only serves to make you feel something--good for how high it is, bad if it is lower than your hope.

⁣David T. ​