[GNC] Imbalance - Reconciliation

Fred Bone Fred at mandfb.me.uk
Sun Apr 9 05:33:21 EDT 2023

On 09 April 2023 at 1:10, gnucash at oceanahomes.org said:

> I have a transaction in the Imbalance account that I want to assign to
> Insurance account.
>
> In the transfer column I select Insurance but that transaction is not
> posting to Insurance it is still showing in Imbalance.
>
> What am I not seeing here?
> How do I post this transaction to Insruance?

Two ways:
(a) From the Imbalance account, left-click the "Transfer" field, then
"Jump". This takes you to the "other side". Now change the "Transfer".

(b) From the Imbalance account, select the txn, then "Split". Now change
the "Transfer" field in the "Imbalance" split.

Note that (a) won't work if the txn has more than two "splits" (it will
be showing "Split transaction" under "Transfer").