[GNC] Locking the side bar items

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Apr 12 12:35:14 EDT 2023

On 4/12/23 9:32 AM, G R Hewitt wrote:
> Thanks Alan, for your suggestion.
>
> I know the tabs can be put anywhere on the four points of the compass,
> and I have tried them all: I like them where they are, on the left hand
> side.
>
> My question was if there was a way to lock them so that they cannot be
> closed -
> like the original 'Accounts' page has no 'X', though additional ones do.

What you are describing is similar to 'pinning' tabs in web browsers.

That would be an interesting enhancement, especially for a dashboard
type of report display. (there is such a sample report in the Reports >
Multicolumn menu)

> I agree with others that the 'Close' button could be moved, or better still
> done away with, I think it serves no useful purpose. Perhaps change it to
> 'Quit GnuCash' and really quit the program

That button does *not* 'Quit GnuCash' and is not anywhere described as
such. It closes the active tab only. It does not say 'Quit' it says
'Close', but I do think it could be more clear and instead say: 'Close Tab'.

Regards,
Adrien