[GNC] Unable to enter data in "Description" field of a Transaction

G R Hewitt hewittgr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 02:16:39 EDT 2023

With regards to my previous answer, I decided to delete the word 'Test'
from 'Car Annual Test' and replaced it with 'NCT'. I could, in the first
instance, only backspace delete the 's' of 'Test' as it froze.
Then I entered the word 'Tesco' in the'Bank' register description and it
went in just fine.
I then replaced 'NCT' with 'Test' and the problem returned.
I have left it as 'NCT'.

------------------------------

Okay John, done that.

Search = [[:<:]]tes[^c]

Returns two entries and the description for both is 'Car Annual Test' -
which gives the 'Tes' in question.
Oddly there are no 'Tesco' transactions - ought there to be, I should have
thought so?
The entries are:
Bank > Prepayments
Prepayments > Car

Search = [[:<:]]tes[^a-z] Returns nothing.