[GNC] Strawberry Perl 5.38 breaks F::Q (with workaround)

byemail byemail at telus.net
Sun Aug 13 19:30:40 EDT 2023

Hello,

I use winget to automatically update apps on my Windows devices. Last
week, winget automatically updated Strawberry Perl from 5.32 to 5.38. In
doing so, it broke F::Q in Gnucash. (broke=greyed out button in
Tools->Price Database). When I tried reinstalling F::Q it failed while
making Module::CPANTS::Analyze. I overcame this with a "force install
Module::CPANTS::Analyze", then successfully re-installed F::Q.  I'm not
sure why it failed and someone else versed in these things could
probably provide a proper fix. Bug I just wanted to let the devs know
about the new 5.38 version (on Github atm) and provide a note for any
other users that may experience this.

Doug