[GNC] Navigation through chart of accounts: shortcuts or bookmarks?

Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) stan+gc at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 1 18:24:14 EST 2023

On 2023-12-01 15:07, Art Chimes wrote:
> I have a pretty large number of accounts, and there is name
> duplication. For example, I might have  a S&P 500 index fund in my
> brokerage account and another one in a traditional IRA and maybe yet
> another one in a trust account.  My usual strategy is to open up the
> Accounts tab and type <500>. That brings me to the first account with
> "500" in its name. As far as I know, however, there is no magic way to
> advance to the NEXT account with "500" in its name.  Is there a way to
> do that?

As far as I know, there's no way to advance from one account containing
"500" to another account containing "500". However, if you type
additional characters in the name of the account you're trying to get
to, the highlight will move to that account. In other words, as I
understand it the account name matching is recalculated from the
beginning each time you type another character.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com