[GNC] Advise me please: go up to 5.4.2 or stay at 4.13?

G R Hewitt hewittgr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 12:45:21 EST 2023

There is always a drive to have the latest iteration of this, that and the
other - out with the old and in with the new.
My MacPro was bought off my son when his firm upgraded his to the latest
(being Apple they could afford to) and he was able to buy it from them.
It is a Mid 2010 and I have had it for 8 years and it does everything I
need. I have a 2017 iMac too, but my main go-to is the MacPro.

My point in telling you that is that if your current set up does all you
require, and you have no need for additional bells and whistles, I'd stick
with it
and save yourself the hassle of learning a new set of features and their
attendant bugs. The maxim 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind.

But. If you are full of daring-do and to hell with the consequences, by all
means upgrade, I did and I quite like it and with the pleasing interface
make-over
provided by a list member whose name regretfully escapes me, I'm very happy
with it.

If you can't make your mind up, toss a coin and if you are not happy with
the result, do the opposite.