[GNC] Advise me please: go up to 5.4.2 or stay at 4.13?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Dec 6 01:47:12 EST 2023

There is nothing wrong with that approach as long as you are clear on
'what isn't wrong' and 'what isn't broken'.

Many bugs are fixed each release. Some of them are otherwise unknown
bugs that the devs discover as they are refining the code and fixing
other known bugs. But plenty are the result of existing bug reports on a
previous version.

So while generally GnuCash performs well, the idea of 'not broke' is
subjective depending on your needs and use case. And in some cases, for
some needs, the latest and greatest fixes those bugs and thus makes the
software that much more useful.

Of course, the question of, "Does this applies to me?", is for you alone
to decide.

Regards,
Adrien