[GNC] UI Problem with 4.14

Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) stan+gc at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 7 15:10:05 EST 2023

On 2023-12-07 10:57, Robert Heller wrote:
> I have a UI problem (failure?) running GNC 4.14 under Ubuntu 22.04. I tried to
> shrink the Description column (make it narrower) in the general ledger display
> of an account, but Description column only wants to get wider. Draging the
> right edge to the left just "bounces" further to the right, causing the
> columns to the right of the Description column to shrink. How do I fix this? I
> tried exiting and restarting, but the column widths seem to be "remembered"
> somewhere (where?).

You may want to bookmark the FAQ list:
<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ>
"4.22	Q: How do I resize my register columns? Why can I not shrink the
description column?" is the one you want in this instance.

Column widths are stored in the file {your data file name}.gcm.
Locations of configuration files are here:
<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations>
and there's also a Linux-specific diagram here:
<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Diagrams_-_Linux>

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com