[GNC] QIF import fails without error messages

Werzi2001 at gmx.de Werzi2001 at gmx.de
Fri Dec 8 15:59:39 EST 2023

Hello,

i'm using GnuCash for a very long time (thanks a lot for it). In order
to handle some regular (monthly) payments I created a small script to
create very simple QIF files that I can then import into GnuCash. That
was working perfectly for some years now. Anyhow for the last 2 or 3
months (only using it once a month) the import failed without telling me
why (there is just no message in the dialog). It happened for the first
time (I think) two months ago. Then I did it manually and it worked the
following month. Anyhow now (this month) it fails again. There it does
not seem to be a "one time problem".

The QIF file is very simple and I can't see why that should fail:

!Account
NAktiva:Umlaufvermögen:Girokonto (1234567)
^
!Type:Cash
D01/12/2023
T-123
LAktiva:Anlagevermögen:Bausparer (1234567)
^

(the real file contains more payments but this simple also fails)

During the import wizard GnuCash identifies both accounts to exist and
accepts the date format as d-m-y. Anyhow it fails without message.

Any idea on why that happens?

Thanks a lot.