[GNC] Business Income Statement: manipulating Cost of Goods sold (Eric Chapman)

Chris Skudder CSkudder at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 9 10:30:26 EST 2023

I'd suggest *NUMBERING* the expense accounts - the field is called
"Account Code."
Get to it by editing the account, in the account tab.
Number the accounts in the sequence in which you want to see them.
Most often, accounts are numbered in "layers", corresponding to parent +
subaccount relationships, like:
     5000 COGS
         5100 COGS, parts
         5200 COGS, labor

I believe the income stmt will then sort + display accounts in the order
or their number or acct code. But there may be preference(s) which need
to be set for the sort to use number instead of name. Maybe somebody
else knows that better than I do.

HTH,
Chris