[GNC] Business Income Statement: manipulating Cost of Goods sold (Eric Chapman)

Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) stan+gc at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 9 12:41:14 EST 2023

On 2023-12-09 07:30, Chris Skudder wrote:
> I'd suggest *NUMBERING* the expense accounts - the field is called
> "Account Code."
> Get to it by editing the account, in the account tab.
> Number the accounts in the sequence in which you want to see them.
> Most often, accounts are numbered in "layers", corresponding to parent +
> subaccount relationships, like:
>     5000 COGS
>         5100 COGS, parts
>         5200 COGS, labor

If Eric follows your advice to number all the accounts, he can save time
by adding the Account Code column in the Accounts panel, then
double-clicking in that column for the first account, entering the code,
and repeating for each account in turn.

That also makes it easier, by keeping the context on screen at all times
during the numbering process.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com