[GNC] Definition of document root

Brook Milligan brook at nmsu.edu
Sun Dec 10 22:17:32 EST 2023

The root path to the set of documents that can be linked to Gnucash transactions can be set via the “settings” menu.  However, this seems to be a global value; i.e., it applies to all book files.  That is fine if there is a single location in the file system for documents for all books, but it seems much more logical to store books and documents together in their own directories.

This suggests that the root path for documents should be a book-specific, not a global, attribute.  Ideally, it would be possible to have a global value that can be replaced by a book-specific value, as that would retain the current behavior yet accommodate the more natural (at least to me) organization of all book-specific things together.

Does this make sense?  Am I missing the fact that this can already be done?  Would it be hard to implement this?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cheers,
Brook