[GNC] Definition of document root

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Sun Dec 10 23:53:52 EST 2023

Good suggestion!

On 2023-12-10 19:17, Brook Milligan wrote:

> ...the root path for documents should be a book-specific, not a global, attribute....
> Does this make sense?  Am I missing the fact that this can already be done?  Would it be hard to implement this?

That certainly makes sense to me. I have my documents root path set to
be a sibling directory of my book file.  I only keep one book file, but
if I kept multiple, I would certainly want a separate document directory
for each.

Have you looked through the bugs database[1][2] to see if there is
already an enhancement request for this behaviour?

[1] <https://bugs.gnucash.org/>, explained at [2]
[2] <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla>

Best regards,
       —Jim DeLaHunt