[GNC] Balance column Lost

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Dec 17 17:24:36 EST 2023

Paras,

I just broke mine to learn how to fix it for you!

1. Close GnuCash

2. Go to this page on the wiki, and open the file location diagram for
your OS:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations

3. Look for the location of the .gcm files.

4. Navigate to that location in your file manager and open the .gcm file
that corresponds to the name of your book.

5. Open it with your favorite text editor, preferably one with Find
ability. (are there any text editors that can't 'find'?)

6. Search for "balance_width=1" or "balance_width=0" where that search
text appears in one of the Register... sections.

7. Set it from 1 or 0 to something similar to what you see in another
register section. For example, I seem to have lots of balance columns
set to 83 or 94 px.

8. Save the file

9. Open GnuCash and you should see that register with a restored balance
column.

Regards,
Adrien