[GNC] Upgrading from 2.x

Dianna Broughton dbroughton at comporium.net
Tue Dec 19 10:32:33 EST 2023

Hi everyone,

I've been using version 2.6.xx (11, I think) for a long time, but read the
recommendation for everyone to upgrade to a newer version. I also read the
recommendation to upgrade in steps from the last stable release of each
version to the next: 2.6.21, 3.11, 4.14.

I was able to update to 2.6.21 without any issues. However, whenever I try
to upgrade to 3.11 (I also tried 3.1), it doesn't work right. The font is
very small, the appearance is wonky, and when I try to access some folders,
it says it's not available and I need to take it out of placeholder mode
(not exact wording) in order to access the file.

Has anyone had problems like this? Any advice? I'm happy with the current
version - do I really need to upgrade?

Thank you for your assistance,

Dianna