[GNC] Gnu cash Version 5.5 error message

Paul Kroitor paul at kroitor.ca
Mon Dec 25 10:48:18 EST 2023

Not sure how much of a show-stopper this actually is, but 5.5 pops up an
"Entry Point Not Found" error upon startup here too. I note this error was
reported in prior message (below) and a screenshot was requested (see
attachment).

The exact message is: The procedure entry point xmllOFTPClose could not be
located in the dynamic link library C:\Program files
(x86)\gnucash\bin\libxmlsec1.dll.

Clicking OK clears the warning and Gnucash starts (otherwise) normally.
However, I have not yet tested any XML features beyond the basic file open
that occurs upon startup.

I too encountered the "cannot install due to a running instance" issue upon
upgrading (which was unexpected, as I upgraded to 5.4.1 weeks ago) but
cleared it by terminating it in the task manager, then aborting and
restarting the install (which then completed as expected). At some point in
this the "cannot obtain lock" dialog also popped up, but I thought it was a
function of the terminated process, so I simply hit ignore.

Platform is Win 11, fully updated. 5.4.1 was working happily before the
update.

I'm happy to do tests / uninstalls / reinstalls here if useful.

Paul

PS: The above dll name is typed out, not copy/pasted. Could there be a
confusion between one of the lower case Ls and an upper case I? It's always
been a huge annoyance to me that Windows rarely allows error messages in
dialogs to be copied for searches etc.