[GNC] Copying Windows error messages (was: Gnu cash Version 5.5 error message)

Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) stan+gc at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 25 12:24:39 EST 2023

On 2023-12-25 07:48, Paul Kroitor wrote:
> It's always
> been a huge annoyance to me that Windows rarely allows error messages in
> dialogs to be copied for searches etc.

Right-clicking in the message and then pressing Ctrl+C -- without
attempting to highlight anything with the mouse -- usually works for me.
Not 100%, but usually.

The only way to find out if it worked in a given instance it to try to
paste it into some text area with Ctrl+V.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com