[GNC] GnuCash getting worse?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Dec 28 20:09:36 EST 2023

I'm fairly certain you can create a VM of a running instance of Win10
though I can't speak to how that works for licensing.

MS does allow some testing VMs, so perhaps investigate that first and
how to set it up to their liking.

Another option might be a container like Docker, though I'm not
personally familiar with it running GnuCash.

Alternatively, though this won't allow testing on Windows, you could
test releases either with a Linux VM or with WSL. (Windows Subsystem for
Linux) Of course, such testing wouldn't expose a Windows specific bug.

On that note, some folks have attempted WSL and GnuCash and the Wiki
could use some sprucing up if anyone was interested in that avenue.

Regards,
Adrien