[GNC] Migrating from PC to Mac

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Feb 18 23:17:37 EST 2023

As an example, I have an iCloud 'Shared' folder in my Finder sidebar,
dragging that icon to a Terminal.app window reveals the true location as:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/MyLibraries/SharedDocuments.cannedSearch

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for the iCloud Drive location folder
itself. But I'm sure a web search would turn up the proper result. (and
even that 'location' above isn't real, as it just invokes a 'find' type
of operation rather than revealing a mount-point)

The short of all of this is: navigate to the *real* mapped location in
the filesystem tree (rather than looking for the sidebar shortcut) and
you *should* be able to find your files.

Many other folks here use MacOS as well, and some store their files on
iCloud for access from other locations so they might be able to offer
more concrete/specific assistance.

Regards,
Adrien