[GNC] Cash on Hand [was: Interest Income]

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 16:36:13 EST 2023

It's a good idea, but I apparently wasn't clear... we have set up a scheme
where each of us gets a certain amount of private money ("pin money" is an
old term for this; some call it "mad money" or "fun money") - it can  be
spent however the person chooses with no questions asked. We have
sub-accounts to track our private money, and when we take cash out, it is
taken away from the subaccount balance.  But when we spend cash from our
private fund, we don't track them (by choice).

Cash money spent that is NOT from our private account is tracked... and we
do have "Gifts" and "Gifts:Birthday" , and "Dining", etc.  We try to ensure
that we get receipts and record all of these.  Sometimes, we run to the
store for something small and pay cash - that, too is tracked.

Because of that, I just have to adjust the cash balance every now and then,
and "Adjustment" works well for our situation.

But thank you for the suggestions.

RL