[GNC] Using Plaid

Ben Pracht ben.pracht.news at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:44:24 EST 2023

 I read that disclaimer. It says to keep the token secure and yes, the
bearer of that token gets access. As they said:
"The access token generated by using this tool is sensitive material as it
grants access to your accounts. It should be handled with care and
protected from unauthorized access. You must be sure to store it in such a
way that makes it impossible for others to gain access. The creators and
maintainers of Plaid2QIF are in no way responsible if you mishandle your
access token."

GIving Plaid2QIF this token is no different than me giving a username and
password to AQBanking, except that Plaid has a chance of working. I don't
like having an intermediary, in this case Plaid and Plaid2QIF, but OFX is
unusable, and at the moment, AQBanking isn't even showing the list of banks
anymore. Does anyone know of a US bank or credit union that uses a modern
REST based API that they actually share with developers?

Regards,
Ben