[GNC] Not getting any emails

Steve Butler stephen.m.butler51 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 12:42:01 EDT 2023

James,  only you can determine what is important enough to warrant a backup.

However, my philosophy is that everything I put on my computer, no matter
how trivial, needs to be on a backup of some kind.

So I look for backup strategies that get everything.  That way I don't have
to worry about individual applications (OpenOffice, GnuCash, Word, Excel,
etc.).

For Ubuntu (Unix/Linux), I use the included Backup facility and grab the
entire home folder nightly  Plus I list out all the installed packages in
case I need to rebuild from a new O/S.

For Windows I use their supplied backup facility to grab all user data plus
any additional storage areas (but not the backup NAS) nightly.

Everything, including phones, tablets, laptops, is backed up to that NAS on
a nightly basis.

The NAS is copied to a large external drive on a regular basis for off site
stoage.

None of this is specific for GnuCash.  But GnuCash is included due to the
inclusive nature of my backup strategy.

I hope this is helpful to you.