[GNC] Exporting from QuickBooks / Importing to GnuCash

Chris Skudder CSkudder at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 30 12:38:43 EDT 2023

>From Intuit:
"Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) files are ASCII text, TSV
(Tab-Separated Value) files that QuickBooks Desktop uses to import or
export lists or transactions"

source:
https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/manage-lists/iif-overview-import-kit-sample-files-and-headers/00/201577

So this could very well work, but I can't test it:
Export from QB as IIF.
Open IIF in a spreadsheet
Save as a COMMA separated value file- that is, CSV ...
    ... instead of Intuit's TAB separated IIF file
Then in GnuCash: File> Import> Import Txn's from CSV

Hope it helps.

Chris

FWIW ... IMHO ... Intuit seems to have a track record of aggressively,
even unethically, hiding technical pathways, or anything, which might
help people do something which costs Intuit revenue. As contrasted with
building a product which offers real value for money. IMHO.